This training and brainstorming event has been held in Cairo, Egypt on July 2022, it has been designed by GLTN UN-Habitat to achieve multiple goals:
- To develop a shared understanding of key land-related concepts and frameworks and how they intersect with and contribute to the sustainable development and sustainable urbanisation agenda (e.g. human rights frameworks, adequate housing, Voluntary Guidelines on Good Governance of Land, land in relation to SDGs and New Urban Agenda, Land governance and land management).
- Present key approaches, tools and knowledge products related to land. The proposed themes are: fit-for-purpose land administration, the Social Tenure Domain Model, the land registries, land-based financing / taxation / land markets, land for housing, land for slum upgrading & prevention, land readjustment, land and climate (incl. water and food insecurity) women’s land rights, and monitoring land commitments.
- Share knowledge, experiences and lessons from some of the most developed country experiences.
- Share experiences about how change can be achieved in the land sector, based on the GLTN social change theory.
- Understand how to address land issues along the humanitarian-development nexus in conflict-affected countries.
- Consolidate the relationship among ROAS colleagues knowledgeable and interested in land, to better support each other in programme development, programme implementation, and knowledge sharing.
- Brainstorm on how to further develop the land & HLP portfolio in the region, with the leadership of country offices and the technical support of ROAS, GLTN/LHS and GLTN partners (on the 21st July)