In-person / Online 31 January – 2 February 2022, Cairo, Egypt
The training event on “Fit-for-Purpose Land Administration hands -on tools and techniques for mapping and information management First Training” is undertaken as part of the agreement of cooperation between The Regional Center for Remote Sensing of North African States CRTEAN and the Arab Land Initiative, coordinated by UN-Habitat and the Global Land Tool Network.
The first training event aims to strengthen the Capacities of the Arab states in developing Fit for Purpose and Pro-Poor Land Administration system in Support to inclusive development, peace and stability.
The training will include:
- Fit-For-Purpose Land Administration – Concept
- Spatial Information (sources, reliability and challenges)
- Open Sources Tools (QGIS, Google Earth Engine (GEE) and mobile data collector)
- Equipment and materials for land survey/inventory
- Satellite Image acquisition and processing – Practice exercise on GEE
- Aerial mapping and drone mapping – Practice example
- GPS data collection and conversion to Spatial Information – Practice exercise on QGIS
- Participatory Mapping and practice exercise on QGIS (converting hand-drawn sketch maps to
- GIS layer)
- Data Management (storing, use and monitoring of land information)
- Map Production
- The Social Tenure Domain Model and its applications .
- Selected examples of implementation of fit-for-purpose land administration in Arab countries
The training will be conducted by experts during (3) three days through presentations, interactive discussions, simulations, exercises and group work and it will be held in person in Cairo, Egypt and online for the virtual attendees (Zoom Link).
The Participation is free of charge.
The Deadline for application is the 12 January 2022 and the selected Candidates will be notified by January 19, 2022.